Tuesday, November 25, 2008

16 week check-up

Today was my 16 week check up. It's hard to believe I'm already four months pregnant! Only 23 days until our sonogram and we can hardly stand it! Of course we are anxious to see if we can tell what we are having, but more importantly, it is always nice to hear that things look perfect with the baby, and that he/she is developing right on track!

Okay, back to today. I have gained two pounds since my last visit four weeks ago, which brings my total weight gain to six pounds - right where I should be! My blood pressure is almost exactly the same and still showing no signs of pre-eclampsia (although I was good at this point with Sean too). Like our last visit, this little critter I'm growing was all over the place, so they couldn't get the heartbeat to register. Three people later, they brought in the portable sonogram machine (I tried to convince them to keep their eyes out for any little "parts", but no such luck!) The baby's heartbeat was at 149 - that's the highest it's been, and MUCH higher than last time (it was 122, I didn't like that).

They said everything looks good and we are good to go for another three weeks when we have our sonogram. Woo-hoo! Go Baby Lance!

3 comments:

Kel aka The Mommy said...

Glad to hear your appt. went well. Sounds like this wiggly baby is going to keep you busy!

The Snodgrass Family said...

Natalie's heartbeat never went that low....I am going to guess boy...for today.

The Snodgrass Family said...

Happy 16 by the way!!