Tuesday, November 23, 2010

4 year check up

So I'm not gonna lie... it kind of makes me sad that Sean's doctor's appointments are no longer called "Well-baby visits". In my head I know he's growing up, but in my heart, he'll always be my baby!

One thing is for sure, he is a big boy when it comes to the doctor! I'm not sure if he's just used to seeing doctors (not that we've had to see that many, but more than many 4 years olds) or what, but is he a trooper! From getting his flu shot (of which he looked at his arm, looked and me and said, "Ow") to getting his blood drawn (not a fan, but no tears!!) - he does so well! He was super excited about seeing his pediatrician since the road into the clinic is very curvy (hey, it's the little things).

We got a good, clean bill of health which makes Mommy very happy!! Although he is still very petite, he is growing! We will go back to the St. Louis Children's Hospital in April for a re-check (growth hormones are still not out of the question), but he is FINALLY on the charts!! They did draw some blood to check his thyroid and iron levels since he is always complaining that he is cold. But I tend to think that it's just because he has no body fat! :-) I guess that's one of the draw backs of being skinny-minny!

4 year stats
Height: 36 3/4 inches / 93.4 cm (1.51 percentile)
Weight: 26.6 pounds (0.16 percentile)

3 year stats
Height: 34 1/8 inches (0.96 percentile)
Weighed 25.2 pounds (1.54 percentile)
So there's not a lot of weight difference, but a good 2+ inches!

At our last appointment in St. Louis in April of this year, he was 88.2 cm - so that's a difference of 5.2 cm! That is great! We're hoping for even more great news this coming April!

1 comments:

Heather, TJ, Brock, and Jillian said...

WOW! LOVE the new blog look! It's so cute! And Sean is for sure a trooper! Brock was crying from his flu shot before he even got it!!! :)