Monday, September 26, 2011

5 Meals - 1 Hour, Week 10... and a confession

So I have come to a conclusion... I'm lazy. Yep, there, I said it. Although I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our 5 Meals - 1 Hour, it does take up time on my weekend. First, I have to really start the week before planning my meals (based on what's on sale), get to the grocery store (which I do anyway), set out any meat that needs to be thawed on Saturday (this is the kicker), and then prep it all Sunday. Really, it's not that much work, but sometimes I just get lazy. Now that football has started, you can bet your bottom that this plan is not going to work (I cherish that time relaxing with my husband, cheering on our teams, while the kiddos rest). So, after a great deal of thought - we are quitting this plan. Sort of.

Rather than making everything on Sunday, we are planning out the meal for the week, and then thawing what needs to be thawed. If there is something small we can do to speed things up, then we'll do that. But for the most part, we are "prepping" the meal the day of. This still is a pretty good deal for us, as the most frustrating part is trying to come up with what to eat. So, with our modified plan, here's what's on the menu! Do you have any good, easy recipes to share???

Monday - Onion Garlic Pork Roast (Pre-marinated - by Hormel)
*This is in the crock pot with golden potatoes, onion, carrots, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, one can of cream of mushroom soup, and one jar of beef gravy. SOOOOO good!

Tuesday - Poppyseed Chicken
*This is one of my all-time favorite foods!

Wednesday - Frozen Pizza
*Church night... nice and easy :-)

Thursday - Hamburgers, Sweet Corn and French Fries (baked)
*It's perfect grilling weather!

Friday - Jambalaya (Thank you Zatarain's!) and French Bread
*Add some sausage and chicken and you have a meal!

1 comments:

Erin said...

I don't think you're lazy. You're just figuring out what works best for your family. And what works best now may not be what works best later. (Oh, and I still need to try that poppyseed chicken!)