Monday, July 18, 2011

What we've been up to... (all in one post!)

Well I'm REALLY behind in updating the blog, so be prepared for LANCE FAMILY OVERLOAD! Let's back track to the beginning of the month:

Jamie's Aunt (Wendy) and Mom (Becky) came for an extended weekend over the 4th. They drove all the way from Colorado just to spend some time with the boys (oh, and us)! It was a WONDERFUL visit (although I'm sure they were glad to be home... keeping up with the boys is tiring!) Being the horrible parent I am, I failed to get ANY pictures of the boys with Wendy and Becky, but here are a couple of pictures that Becky took while here.





This picture is Nathan in a nutshell:



I didn't get any pictures of the boys on the 4th of July, so you'll have to take my word that they were adorable in their outfits! We spent most of the day poolside at my folks, of which my incredibly pale skin did NOT like. Sean amazed us as how much braver he is this year! He LOVES jumping off the diving board (fully suited up of course), but is such a big boy! Jamie is loving it! ;-) Nathan is still a little unsure of the water. He still prefers being in a bathtub over the pool, but we're working on it! Speaking of my munchkin, here he is at his 4th of July party at school.




Last week was VBS at our church... and what a week it was! It is crazy for a working Mom to rush to pick up the kids from daycare, get them fed, and head out the door - but we did it! And it was worth it. Sean had a WONDERFUL time, and I loved seeing his faith grow. Hearing him sing songs about God, talk about the lesson, and even do amazing crafts was, well, heartwarming for this mama! I was a volunteer for the week in one of the 3 year old rooms. Holy exhausting! 12-15 three year olds every night for five nights was enough for me. It was rewarding - for sure - but exhausting! Props to ALL the teachers out there!!! Here is Sean after one night of VBS:



Finally, this past Saturday we finally took Sean to see Cars 2, while Grandma and Grandpa let Nathan nap at their house. Sean was so excited to finally get to see the "BIG" movie (see below):



He really enjoyed it, as did we, although it doesn't hold a candle to the first one. That evening, we went to dinner with our friends Erin and Nathan Hanna, to celebrate her birthday (as well as mine). We went to a new restaurant downtown called Destihl and had a wonderful dinner - But the company really made the night for us. SUCH a fun night! Here is our delicious birthday treat from our waiter (S'mores... of which my husband so nicely pointed out to everyone that I say incorrectly!) ;-)



The beautiful Mrs. Hanna getting ready to make her wish, modeling the bracelet we got her for her birthday. The waiter was so nice and came back with another candle so I could make a wish too. What you don't see, are the beautiful earrings Erin gave me!



Well, I think that's about it for now... this weekend Sean has TWO birthday parties, so I'm sure I'll have more pictures for you all soon!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yay! We had a great time with y'all!

The Snodgrass Family said...

We have yet to take Natalie to a movie at the theater. We sort of became anti-theater after building our own... Maybe something new will be playing when you guys come out and we can take them together!